Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Explanation for final project

This piece is a combination of the Norman Installation sound piece and the concept Ritual in Transfigured time. My ritual is cleaning while humming the same mindless tune over and over again. These acts take my ind to a far away place, transfiguring me states of chaos to calm chaos to calm etc. i want this video to be surreal and dreamlike/nightmarish. To create that effect I am going to have several layers of video that come in and out of focus depending on which layer is most dominant at a particular moment. In the beginning is the calm state and the scenes flow in and out of each other in slow fading transitions. In the second half is the anxious state where transitions are more abrupt. I want the video to be cyclical. If successful the end should flow right back to the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment